Sunday, May 10, 2009

How do you play again?

May 9, 2009
My little brother has decided to break tradition and play lacrosse. Now we come from a soccer family but lacrosse? I guess it's sort of a cross between soccer and hockey. I have no idea how you play, when to cheer, yell at the officials, or if you score a goal or a point. But, trying to be the supportive big sister I am (plus I felt bad I hadn't ever seen him play yet), I took Pearl and my sister to Ogden to watch one of his games. I assume he is the star of the team, I mean superior athleticism runs in the family. He did surprise me though when he got thrown out for a few minutes, sort of like a penalty in hockey, for whacking some guy in the head. Who knew mild-mannered Kurtis had it in him?

No comments: