Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Guests be warned

July 14, 2009
I got suckered into hosting a Pampered Chef party this week and in preparation for the slew of women expected to come, I decided to get an early start on the refreshments. There is a lot of pressure with these parties to provide yummy food and as much as I enjoy entertaining, I'm certainly not the type of hostess who can whip up delicate desserts and scrumptious appetizers on a moment's notice. So I did the only thing I'm remotely capable of doing - baking. Pearl decided she wanted to help bake cookies too so I gave her a mixing bowl, some measuring cups, and turned her loose in the baking supplies pantry. I've posted about her baking skills before but it's always an adventure to see what she comes up with. Tonight's cookies were made from pink and red sprinkles, oatmeal, water, sugar, flour, and some lime jello. My whole floor was covered in sprinkles and this gooey concoction that Pearl actually sampled! Yuck! After stripping her down to her diaper and letting her do the dishes, I was finally able to scrap off the sticky mess from the floor and see to it that my Peanut Butter fingers are at least edible come Thursday. We'll see what Pearl comes up with for appetizers tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Hmmmm.....maybe I'm not so sad to be missing the fiesta! :)