Friday, September 4, 2009

Yum-yum

September 1, 2009
I know my sister is going to kill me for posting this picture, but I thought it was so cute! Kimmy and Nick (and Juno too) came over tonight to make chocolate chip cookies. I think we all wanted an excuse to not do our homework - oh wait, just Kimmy and Nick wanted an excuse for that - and to eat the most delicious chocolate chip cookies ever. We had a pizza picnic on the front lawn then the baking began. Poor Nick was trying to do some homework but between the blender, gabbing sisters, my impromptu health care reform discussion with him, and Pearl playing in the front room, I'm afraid he didn't get much done. But we did accomplish a successful batch (or 5) of cookies that I am now regret making because I didn't send enough home with Kimmy and Nick and keep catching myself snacking on them!

Here's the recipe if anyone wants it (thanks to Becky for this one, way back in high school):

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups margarine (cold)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla (I always sneak in some extra though)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
6 cups flour
1 bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in LARGE mixing bowl. Mix well. Add salt, baking soda, and flour to mixture (add flour 2 cups at a time then mix) and mix until dough forms. Dough shouldn't be sticky or smooth, but more of a dough consistency. Drop in heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, just until the bottoms are slightly golden brown. I like soft cookies, so I will bake them until the tops just barely, and I mean barely turn a golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!

Makes 5 dozen cookies, approximately.

5 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

grammar error!!! It should say we had a pizza picnic on the front lawn and THEN the baking began.
Silly Jenny, I thought you had your masters degree.

Brooke said...

I would like some more!! thank YOU!

Jenny said...

Thanks for pointing out four years of no sleep and stress was a total waste of time and money!!!

Kami said...

Thanks for posting a recipe I'm going to HAVE to try now!

Kimberly Nan said...

:) By the way, what little bit of my hair you can see, looks really good. My hair=perfection. Haha, jk, Jen.