January 1, 2010After a visit from the New Year's Elf, Jeff cracked the whip and said it was time for Christmas to come down. Now I give him a hard time about being a scrooge when it comes to Christmas decor but with constant teasing that I bawl for a month after taking down the tree, it's only fair. I guess he does make a good point that having the day off to both work on taking down all the decorations is far more productive than scrambling to do it the week before Valentine's Day (which is probably when I'd decide I should take down Christmas). But it's just so sad. Our house looks so cute all decorated and then to have to take down all the lights and bells just makes me feel empty inside. I guess I get it from my mom... she really does cry some years taking down the tree. So this year, since I was a slacker on the picture taking the past three months, I decided to take a picture of our star. Jeff made this for our second Christmas when he was looking for a job and well, bored of doing housework and watching M*A*S*H all day. I came home from work and he proudly showed me his star he had made out of tin foil, a toilet paper roll, and some spare cardboard. I love it! It fits our tree perfectly and I'm never going to replace it, EVER!
1 comment:
I am always sad when Christmas stuff gets put away, too! Glad I"m not the only freak about that!
Post a Comment