April 18, 2009I took Pearl to Baby Animal Days this weekend. It was so much fun, minus the forgetting to put sunscreen on....oops! I saw this little calf who was just beautiful and so incredibly soft. He looked like he had just had a nice bath and I almost walked out of there with him in the back of our truck. But then I remembered the last time I tried to take a calf home with me and how my dad reacted to the idea. I seriously wanted a baby cow when I was 14 or 15. Someone offered to give me a calf, you know as part of the learning how to be responsible blah blah blah, but my dad said no way! I had the whole plan figured out. If my dad wouldn't let me keep it in the backyard then my grandpa had already told me I could keep it in one of his fields. And since my grandpa had hay and alfalfa on hand, we had the whole food thing taken care of. I was even excited to go out there and bottle feed the thing if need be. Which reminds me, have you ever had a calf suck on your fingers? It feels like sandpaper and is freakishly strong! Anyway, if I thought my dad's reaction was bad I knew what Jeff would have done so I left this little beauty behind. Plus, his mama was bellowing for him to come and eat. Poor thing. If you've never nursed a baby before you just don't understand how miserable she must have been after a full day of not her baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment