Monday, May 18, 2009

Curb Appeal Part 2

May 18, 2009
Part two of the "curb appeal" project entailed re-potting the flowers on the front porch. Yes, re-planting them. The only flowers I can keep alive all summer are petunias, and if I'm lucky a grass and some lobellas mixed in. Pearl and I actually started the planting on Friday, hoping to impress Jeff with our new found green thumbs. But I soon realized I was going to cut it close with having enough potting soil to finish 10 pots. So trying to be frugal and avoid buying another bag, I thought I'd just not use as much soil in the pots. After all I had great ambitions to grow flowers that would just spill over the sides of the pots anyway, so no one would even notice, right? Wrong. Jeff got home from work and promptly figured out what I had done and told me that we'd have to re-plant them with more soil. So, tonight I spent the evening carefully taking the flowers out of the pots, adding more soil, and then re-planting them. I just hope they survive my green thumb.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Sounds like Jeff is a good man to have around. Does he make house calls? Maybe he'd take some home made bread in trade?!? :)

Alabama Apples said...

I hear you! I have a notorious black thumb...sigh...and i do so love green and colored plants!

Jeff Johnson said...

they look better now