Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hope

June 6, 2009
My father-in-law's mom passed away this week and the funeral was today.
Even though we weren't very close to Grandma Spring, I know she loved us and treated us just like she did her own grandchildren (she is actually Jeff's step-grandma). While we were at the cemetery, Jeff noticed a huge monarch butterfly fluttering around all the flowers. It made me stop and reflect (after chasing it around to get a picture or two) about how grateful I am to know that this earthly life is just a small time in eternity, that families can be together forever, and that there is always hope in our Savior Jesus Christ, even in times of hardship and sadness. It was almost like Grandma Spring was saying goodbye as it flew away and wanted to remind us to take time to enjoy the beauty this life has to offer... even if it's as simple as a butterfly.

2 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

Sweet picture. It could be in a magazine.

creatividadsiempre.blogspot.com said...

Jenny -- you have been through your own loss this week. So sorry. I think if you are close to someone or not, it makes you reflect a lot. Thanks for all your words this past week. I REALLy appreciated them.