June 13, 2009We couldn't be more proud of Jeff! He rode in the Tour de Cure bike race today for the second straight year, raising $840 for the American Diabetes Association (thanks to his fund raising parents and the Smithfield Lions Club). If someone would have told me a few years ago that my husband would have ridden 63.89 miles on a bike I would have laughed. Not saying he's not studly, because he is, but it just didn't seem like his thing. I am so proud of his hard work, training, and finishing even with some rain and a sore butt. Pearl eagerly awaited "Daddy bike" to come by at the finish line. She was pretty fussy until she saw him and then quickly wrapped her arms around him for a big hug and a few kisses. Once she tasted the gross, salty sweat, she decided a tongue kiss was in order. Gross! Last year I said I'd think about riding but the thought of sitting on a bike that long isn't my idea of fun. I'd rather pound pavement with sore knees. But this year, I think I'm really serious about joining him, or at least getting in shape again as a starting point. While Jeff was burning a week's worth of calories, I sat around and ate Oreos.
2 comments:
Congrats to Jeff!
I think it is so awesome that Jeff did this! I have a lot of family with diabetes and I am glad to know there are people like Jeff out their doing these sorts of things! Congrats Jeff!!
Post a Comment