July 30, 2009I knew the day would eventually come and at a few times wanted it come sooner, but now I'm not so sure about this whole "big kid class" thing. Pearl is getting the boot from the infant/toddler class to the preschool class on Monday! I was really sad this morning knowing that Pearl won't have Ms. Amanda as her teacher anymore. For a few months it was utter chaos with some previous teachers and I nearly pulled her out and quit my job because of how crazy it was with them there but then Ms. Amanda came! She is so patient and kind to all the kids. She treats them just like they were her own kid, which I know for a fact because her little boy is also in Pearl's class. I really don't know how she does it with eight busy toddlers and on top of that she is about 8 months pregnant! Pearl just loves Ms. Amanda or "Smanda" as she calls her and I've never once worried about Pearl when she's there. Pearl gives her hugs and kisses every morning and after a long weekend, is so excited to see her. I think I'm going to have a harder time adjusting to this whole big kid thing than Pearl is. It sort of feels like the first day I left her there as a tiny baby...wondering if anyone would figure out what her cries meant, her little routine, her personality and praying she would love her teachers and they'd love her. Well, you know what, everything turned out ok and now that we have to get to know new teachers and new "big kid" friends it will be ok again. Hopefully the transition won't be too bad though, after all now she gets her Aunt, Ms. Kimmy for a teacher!
2 comments:
What are you trying to say Jenny? That Pearl doesn't love me and I don't love her? Honestly...she does call me "Mommy Kimmery".
She'll have a blast. Kids don't look backwards very often. :)
Post a Comment