Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's about time!

July 17, 2009
My friend Rachel and I have intended to celebrate our graduation from the MPH program by treating ourselves to a much deserved pedicure for about three months now. It was a long journey together, as we both started the same semester, had babies along the way, changed and/or quit our jobs, and finally after four years finished together. You'd think trying to schedule a simple beauty procedure would have been a cinch but it was almost impossible for us to figure out a time to go together (with another good friend in tow). Today we finally found a couple hours where all our schedules were clear and babysitters were available and went to the salon. Ok, so it was the nail salon inside Walmart but hey, it was cheap and I thought they did a good job. And considering my feet are gross, dry, cracked, and well just plain disgusting in the summer, anyone would have made them look better than when I walked in. I decided to splurge and get the extra $5 flower on my toes because the paint I picked out wasn't as bright as I had thought it would be. Which was a good thing in the end because I totally ruined my cute toes at the pool tonight. I didn't think the polish would come off, and of course it was on my big toes right above the flowers! I didn't even get a close up shot of my cute toes! I guess it was a good thing thought that I hadn't picked out as bright of polish as Libbey and Rachel did though because then I would have really been mad that our trip to the pool (where I was just supposed to just watch Pearl and Jeff play in the water and not actually join them) ruined my fun time with just the girls, not to mention losing out on my $25. Urghhh!!! I was so sad about not having my cute piggy toes anymore that I made a frantic dash to Walmart at 10 pm for some emergency nail polish (and nail polish remover in case Pearl decides to paint my toes again). The repair job isn't perfect...I really have no idea what I'm doing...but at least everything is covered again and the spots where it came off aren't quite as obvious. This might sound crazy but I think I might actually keep this whole toenail painting thing up and have cute feet all summer long.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I got a pedi this week, too and it is already chipping. Grrrrr.....!!