Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It keeps going and going and going....

May 4, 2009
Let me just clarify by saying I am extremely grateful that our car still runs, but secretly Jeff and I both hope it blows up someday (without us in it of course) or gets stolen. I thought today might just be its last day on earth when Pearl and I attempted to go home and nothing happened when I turned the ignition. Not even a click, flicker, or grind of an engine. I really thought the car was dead for good so I called Jeff to come and rescue us. We were able to jump the car and it ran just long enough for me to pull into Checker Auto Parts' parking lot, where it died again. So, one new battery later, it's back up and running. But not after a few cuss words from Jeff as he tried to get the old, corroded battery out and a new one in. Thinking back about it, I'm just surprised I didn't get in more trouble. Here I am snapping pictures for my blog of our broken down piece of junk car, all while Jeff is trying to fix it. No wonder he told me to just take the truck and pick up some dinner on the way home. At least Pearl enjoyed her time running around the greasy, actually disgusting (don't ever go into the bathrooms, just pee your pants instead), auto parts store.

No comments: