Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ballgame

June 2, 2009
Tuesday night is now church softball night at our house. Pearl loves going to the ballgames but tonight we had an actual job to do instead of just eating nachos and cheering for daddy (and praying he doesn't get nailed in the head again). Jeff was in charge of dishing out hot dogs and nachos to grubby handed kids, gangly teenagers, and old men reliving the glory days. I decided this was my chance to fulfill my wifely duties by supporting Jeff with his calling and helping at the stand. While we served, Pearl ran back and forth between the bleachers and dugout. She poked a few people with some sticks she found, gave her nachos to another little girl, and screamed when her "hat" (jacket hood) came off. We hadn't even made it through the first game when the clouds opened and the downpour came. I'll probably lose all brownie points for admitting this, but I was glad it rained! I really didn't want to stay there until 10
trying to keep Pearl happy while scooping up nacho cheese and some really gross looking hot dogs.

1 comment:

Jeff Johnson said...

I prayed for the rain