June 22, 2009Today was a "sweet" day! I was happy all day, finished the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, played with Pearl, assisted Jeff in finishing a yard project, and just had a great time being home. Pearl and I started our day off with a tour of the Sweet's Candy Factory. Did you know it takes 7 days to make a jelly bean and the guys who make them have to train for a year? Who knew? Pearl was really excited to wear the "hat" and have mom in matching attire but it balked in comparison to shopping in the store at the end of the tour. That kid would have walked away with 20 lbs. of cinnamon bears, jelly beans, gummy bears, and more! It didn't matter if she liked the candy or not, it was a candy store and the sugar rush was kickin'! After our "sweet" beginning to the day, we headed to Jeff's office to take him some cinnamon bears. We ended up going to lunch and Pearl screamed bloody murder when she realized Daddy wasn't coming home with us. As much as Jeff kept saying sorry to me for leaving me with a screaming kid strapped in the back seat, I knew he was loving every minute of it. Guess five days with just Dad means he is the favorite now. A two hour nap, vacuuming out the car (you know it's really gross if I actually take the initiative to do the vacuumming instead of wating for Jeff to do it), and squeals of delight when Daddy came home proceeded.
The "sweetness" continued with actually finishing the "curb appeal" project, well minus the new compost and plants, but the planters are done and look awesome (with a quick run to Lowe's by mommy and Pearl to get the last four blocks)! While Jeff worked away, Pearl and I made grilled tuna fish sandwiches and set up a picnic on the front lawn. We even broke out the "breakfast in bed" serving trays that we've never once used since the day we got them for a wedding gift. They are actually the perfect table for picnics, not to mention I can get everything out the door in one trip. Jeff worked really hard and was covered (along with the flowers, sidewalk, and house) in concrete dust by the end of the night.
Right before calling it quits for the day, I turned around to see Jeff freak out at Pearl for what appeared to me to be a gigantic spider on her blanket! The next thing I know is Pearl is crying and Jeff is trying to catch a tiny baby quail. What? Apparently Pearl is a "quail whisperer." How on earth did that tiny thing get on top of Pearl's blanket, which was right in the middle of our mess with the flower beds? Poor little thing! It was scared to death, as was Pearl by this time, so I scooped him up (and Pearl) and tried to find his mamma in the backyard. I told Pearl I took him back to his mommy and that he would be ok, which seemed to calm her down. After a bath, stories, prayer, and XOXO, I'm now blogging late into the night (on two blogs at once, pathetic!) and loving every second of it! Sometimes there are days so "sweet" that you just don't want them to end!
3 comments:
I miss Pearl! Freaking bring her to visit me. Slacker.
I love days like that! I love the feeling of accomplishment and enjoying the entire day. Sometimes they are few and far in between that I'll stay up way late, too, just to cherish them. Hooray for good times!
Pearl does love me more now!
Post a Comment