July 25, 2009I'm pretty sure I consumed over 12,357 calories this weekend at the reunion, 9,582 of which can be accounted for in these delicious cream puffs. My Aunt Beulah (yes, that's her real name...funny family story to that one too. My Great Grandma wanted to name her Elizabeth but there were two other babies born in town at the same time that were named Elizabeth. So my Great Grandpa decided to change her name to Beulah during her baby blessing! Had Jeff pulled this on me I would have stood up and shouted my objections right there in church!) makes these sinful treats every year and seriously, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is more Peacock Reunion-esqe than these babies. The reunion just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have an entire bucket of sweet, creamy, homemade vanilla pudding to pour over a garbage sack of airy, buttery cream puffs. I swear every year I'll be good and only eat one but I just can't help it and end up having 4, or 6, or 15 of them before the weekend is over. Aunt Beulah reminds me so much of my own Grandma (her sister) who died almost six years ago now and looks just like my Grandma Peacock (their mom). I love seeing her at the reunion because it brings a flood of memories to mind of visiting Grandma Peacock and eating her delicious homemade pies and suckers. Even Aunt Beulah's mannerisms and the way she walks is the same as my Grandma and Great Grandma. Too bad my hips, butt, and stomach flab will be paying the price for my sentimental attachment to Aunt Beulah and her delectable treats.
1 comment:
Calories don't count when you are on vacation....even if it is a camping trip!
Post a Comment