Tuesday, August 4, 2009

3-D

August 4, 2009
Did you know they make 3-D sidewalk chalk? Our awesome neighbors bought Pearl a "sidewalk chalk present" full of cool 3-D glasses, stencils, and other fancy tools to create a masterpiece on the driveway. I know you're all jealous! After three rounds of timeout because Pearl refused to sit at the table, fold her arms, and pray before dinner, we finally emerged as a
happy family (well, I still had a few tears welling up) for our picnic and sidewalk chalk fun. I think Jeff had more fun with the new toys than Pearl did, probably because Pearl kept putting her 3-D glasses on upside down and crashing into the garage door with them on. The best part of the whole evening though, according to Jeff at least - I was just glad Pearl had stopped screaming at us, was when I walked over and looked at his drawings of himself and Pearl then said I was sure glad he hadn't drawn one of me. Well, I turned around and saw "Mom" written right next to the monkey he had drawn for Pearl earlier. At least it made Jeff laugh!

3 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

It was SUPER funny!

Jeff Johnson said...

My little mad scientist

Alabama Apples said...

I always giggle at your husband's antics. He is quite funny (sorry, Jen, often to your expense :) ). I wish we lived closer, I think my husband would really hit it off with yours. Something about being mean to the one you love is so funny! (at least when it is my husband doing it...he always seems to think he's hilarious. I'm never as funny as he is).

Love the glasses, what a doll! And-I'm glad my son isn't the only heathen who refuses to pray sometimes!