Saturday, August 15, 2009

New baby

August 14, 2009
Pearl and I went to visit my best friend from high school, Becky, and her newest addition David. I was excited to hold a new baby, since mine has suddenly turned into a 30 lb. squirmy and talkative toddler, and I don't really remember just how tiny newborns are. Was Pearl really this tiny at one time? Pearl on the other hand, was more interested in the Frontrunner Trains, airplanes buzzing overhead, and the Mr. Potato Head toys. She was pretty bummed that Becky's other three boys were visiting Grandma so she could get some much needed rest and time with just the new baby. I still can't believe Becky has four kids and I'm still on one! But after figuring out that it wasn't nearly as fun when you're the only one around, Pearl decided she wanted to hold the baby. She was so excited but as soon as you put David in her arms she would say "all done" and try to give him back. But then as soon as you picked him back up she wanted to hold him again. We did this for a few minutes until she got the idea that she was supposed to hold him for longer than 3 seconds... and look at what a great shot I got! She was seriously so excited to play with him and laughed and laughed when he sneezed It almost made me want another baby... until he pooped (which Pearl found even funnier than the sneeze) and we high-tailed it out of there!

2 comments:

Kami said...

You TOTALLY need to get working on number two! Pearl needs a sib to keep it real. Take it from a puker....you want to be done puking before Pearl goes to kindergarten. :(

BH said...

I loved having you and Pearl over! It was fun watching Pearl decide what should thought of David. I especially loved the cookies! I won't mention how many were left for the rest of my family to eat. They were just as I remembered you making them!