August 15, 2009After a week of searching for the perfect outfits, trying to convince Jeff that this would be a fun family activity, and dreaming about the cutest family pictures on the planet (seriously, I've been dreaming about this for weeks), I woke up to a downpour of rain, wind, and fall-like temperatures. Don't get me wrong, not having the heat was nice but the rain! Honestly!!! Did it have to rain on the ONE, SINGLE day that I've been looking forward to for a month now? Oh and did I mention that we drove to Logan just for this, spending the night in a trailer with Pearl kicking Jeff and smashing my face so Jeff's lungs and eyes didn't swell shut from cat allergies at my parent's house? And to make it even more disappointing, well infuriating really, by the time we would have finished our family pictures the clouds had parted and the sun was coming out. We drove home to absolutely gorgeous weather and not a cloud in the sky. So much for ironing Jeff's shirt the day before.
But I'm not bitter or anything.
Ok, maybe a little bitter since I'm cheating on the picture today and using one that I took last night instead. I just couldn't bring myself to take a picture today of a cloudless and gorgeous blue sky after the storm. The one good thing about this whole weekend was that we got to visit with all the grandparents... my parents, my Grandpa J, Jeff's parents, and my Grandma & Grandma A. It's been awhile since we've seen my Grandpa J, plus we had to get Pearl's gun from the Peacock Reunion repaired. And my Grandma A turned 75 today so we dropped by for a birthday visit. Luckily the gun repair shop was open and we even came home with a new toy... a top! We spent a good hour playing with all the tops in my Grandpa's kitchen, testing them out to find the perfect spinner. I wish we lived just a little closer so we could see all the grandparents more often, and help them out more. So even with the rainout we had a few silver linings in the clouds... now if we can just find a time to reschedule without the rain AND more importantly, convince Jeff to drive all the way to Logan again just to smile for the camera.
1 comment:
That's the way it always happens! Can't wait to see the rescheduled pics!
Post a Comment