Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not what I had in mind

August 10, 2009
With only five days left until our family pictures, courtesy of Brooke Snow Photography, I drug Jeff and Pearl to the Gateway with one mission in mind... find new outfits. The trick to this task is that one, whatever I wear can't make me look any fatter than I really am, two, Jeff and I disagree on what's considered "nice casual" (I think this means NO shorts or tee-shirt like tops), and three, trying to keep Pearl happy as I peruse every single rack in a desperate attempt to find coordinating outfits is a monumental task. Where we went wrong in this plan I'm not sure but we walked out of there with the realization that our kid is the only child on this planet who is afraid of the water fountains but who enjoys a nice round of golf (and yes, she is wearing pajamas and no shoes), a new tent, sexy-beast golfing shorts for Jeff (really, only he can pull these off and they do look good), and some new pants for Pearl (none of which she's going to wear for pictures). Apparently I know what I'll be doing tomorrow... by myself!

No comments: