September 13, 2009I have no idea who "K" and "S" are but they were the only subjects that would hold still long enough tonight to practice some of the photography tricks I learned yesterday in my workshop - and I still had to darken the shadows in Photoshop to get the look I thought I had taken. My other option, a wiggly toddler whose least favorite thing to do is ham it up for the camera, didn't cooperate very well with my fidgeting of the aperture, shutter speed, and dealing with the low light and limitations of my camera (not being able to zoom in if I want a low aperture). I really worry that I'm not going to be able to keep up with Pearl and other moving subjects in manual. The old saying "practice makes perfect" better ring true, eventually.
4 comments:
It will! Keep practicing and it eventually gets better!!
I think it is awesome you are learning all about your new camera. And, I am wondering what version of Photoshop you use? Is it Elements, or the professional one? I am thinking about some camera and Photoshop changes for myself. Oh, and it was great to see you guys the other night.
Aunt Sugar
I'm so impressed you're taking a workshop. I LOVE Brooke's photography, I looked up her site since you started mentioning her. What talent...I have none, but kudos for you for bettering your skill. Fun! I love your pics and how you capture the feel and moment. Keep working on it and you can only improve! Again, I'm impressed!!!
PS LOVE the pic of Pearl with the pom-pom. What a doll!!!
Good for you!! I l.o.v.e. Brooke's photography!! She is so talented. I wish I could take her workshops!!...well, I would love for her to photograph my family, too! ;) I am impressed at your drive to improve your skills. You'll get the hang of it, I'm sure!!
Post a Comment