September 14, 2009This is a horrible picture (Pearl is into biting her hair lately and that's what she is doing here) - it's blurry, grainy, and terrible lighting - but sadly the best of the bunch tonight in manual. Urghhh... I can't seem to figure out how to shoot in our terrible, low light inside! Or get Pearl to hold still for five seconds so I can focus and adjust my settings. Any tips???? I tried upping the ISO, lowering the aperture, and messing with the shutter speed, but to no avail. I tried and tried and tried and still couldn't get the camera to take it fast enough to not make Pearl blurry on top of not having enough light. And to make matters worse, I just found out the 50 mm lens I wanted to buy so I could lower my aperture even more and be zoomed in where I normally would shoot when I used the automatic settings won't work on my Nikon D60. Apparently the D60 doesn't allow automatic focus for all lenses, including this one. So... for those few who actually look at this blog I'm sorry for the next few months worth of pictures until I can scrounge up enough money to upgrade cameras. (Any takers? If you want to shoot great pictures in automatic the D60 is a great camera!) I admit that I am really, really tempted to bag this whole shooting in manual thing and go back to automatic, at least when taking pictures of Pearl, or I'm afraid Pearl will think she was one grainy, blurry, low-light kid when she gets older.
4 comments:
Did you turn on the flash?
And don't go back to auto! These are the times you NEED to work through so you can get better at adjusting correctly. Hang in there!
How frustrating!! I hate when I take pictures and they come out unsatisfactory!! No one would blame you if you went to automatic...at least I wouldn't! :) Don't be too hard on yourself...I think the picture of Pearl is still adorable. :)
When I can't get the shots I like in manual I switch to automatic, take a picture and see what settings my camera thought was best. I actually have learned a decent amount this way.
Post a Comment