Saturday, March 28, 2009

The perfect ending to a crummy day

March 28, 2009
Two members of our household woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Within 2 hours, I had joined them. How can the day be so beautiful outside and yet everyone's grumpy, yelling, and bickering with each other inside? Pearl screamed at me when I tried to change her diaper, that sent Jeff into a bad mood, then Jeff and I started arguing about who knows what, we both went into cleaning frenzy to get rid of our pent-up frustration (
on a positive note the house and yard do look nice though), Pearl and I argued so she was sent outside to bother her dad, Jeff and I argue some more, so I headed off for a nice long walk to calm down. We made it one block before getting a flat tire. After 20 minutes of trying to get the stupid pump in the right position to put air in the tire, I realized it was hopeless, we need a new tire. By this point I was boiling!!! I yanked down the crappy Walmart stroller we all have as back-ups for such occasions - you know the ones that aren't designed for anyone taller than 5' 3" - and made it to the post office before deciding Pearl's neck couldn't sustain all the jarring as she was trying to have a nap. Tomorrow I'm not getting out of bed.

3 comments:

Kami said...

I hate those strollers. I always end up with a big crick in my back after two blocks. Hard to enjoy a nice walk when you are in pain! Hope today was better....

Jeff Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Johnson said...

I can't believe you deleted my post