Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sort of defeats the purpose

June 24, 2009
After seeing all the bikini bods in Florida and realizing how frumpy I have become, I have made myself go on walks the past few nights in a futile attempt to battle the flab. Pearl likes to join me and while most days she is fairly good about staying in her stroller, lately she has decided it's more fun if she is actually walking. The problem is, our 20 minute power walk turned into a 45 minute exploration of pine cones (or as Pearl was pretending ice cream cones), rocks, grass, and other invisible wonders to the adult eye. I burned more calories yelling at Pearl to hurry up, stay out of the road, not to stop in the middle of driveways, and to stay by mom than I did actually walking. I thought if I gave her the running strap to hold on to that it would keep her out of danger. While it did make it easier to keep her out of harms way, it sure made for a LONG walk! She found it funny to pull back on it and try to pull the stroller the opposite way that I was pushing it. Finally I gave up and just took the leisurely stroll Pearl wanted. We talked about pine cones, dogs, flowers, rocks, and cement and despite my impatience had a nice walk home. Too bad I won't be toning up anything but my vocal cords at this pace!

3 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

Ha. This is an awesome post. One of my favorites.

creatividadsiempre.blogspot.com said...

And then she will want to not sit at all and push the stroller. Yep that's right, Jacob and I DO NOT go on walks anymore (well, hardly ever.)

Kami said...

I don't give the boys a choice. I strap them in the stroller and take off running before they have a chance to dislodge themselves!