July 6, 2009We broke out the bike trailer tonight and went on a family ride to not one, but two parks. Well, Jeff and Pearl rode and I sort of trailed behind wondering why on earth this was a good idea, even if it was only around the block. You see, it's been two years since I've even gotten my bike down from it's neglected hook in the garage and sat on it (I was actually 7 months pregnant with Pearl the last time I rode it, even if it was just to the post office), let alone actually ride it anywhere. Not even the inspirational Tour de Cure has tempted me to plop my big butt down on that tiny, hard, uncomfortable seat. Jeff had my cousin build my bike for the big 26th birthday and he even custom painted it with a blue giraffe pattern and my name. Jeff loves to tease me about being a "clippity-clop giraffe" when I wear my heals and requested the blue giraffe spots on it, along with some fierce stickers and rock-star-like designs. Pathetically, the next day my butt was incredibly sore which Jeff immediately attributed to not having a good butt callous built up. I say they should make women's bike seats actually fit a woman's rear end...you know big and cushy (or at least in my case) instead of having to get a butt callous. At least I have a reminder every time I stand up or sit down that we had a fun family night!
1 comment:
Love your bike...it is awesome! I'll be right there with you next week. The girls and I have our annual "chick trip" with the horses up the mountains this weekend. Two long days of riding and I'm going to need to sit on a couple bags of frozen peas! :)
Post a Comment