Sunday, July 5, 2009

What's lost is now found

July 5, 2009
We all have them... friends we've lost track of for various reasons over the years. I think of myself as a friendly person who never really had any "clicks" growing up and who tries to be friends to everyone, but sadly I'm not very good about keeping in touch with my friends as the years pass by. Unless of course you count blog stalking and Facebook spying as keeping up! A few months ago I got a random email from my friend Ammara saying she was back in town and needed to find a pediatrician for her new baby. WHAT??? Ammara got married last April (which BTW if you ever get a chance to go to a Pakistani/Muslim wedding you must go...it was gorgeous and amazing!), moved to OK where her husband was starting his medical residency program, and with all the hussle and bussle of being a newlywed and new mom, we had lost track of each other. I literally picked myself up off the floor after reading her email and ran down the hall to ask my other co-workers if they had heard from her lately and knew that she had a baby. Well, thanks to Facebook, we re-connected and spent a few hours visiting tonight. Ammara's family is amazing and I was so humbled by their hospitality. Her mom and sister made us smoothies and a whole bunch of Pakistani food while we visited and played with baby
Aizah. I really felt like a guest of honor in their home and learned a valuable lesson from them about making sure my friends, family, and guests feel loved and welcomed every time they enter my home. I feel inspired to re-connect with other lost friends after my wonderful visit with Ammara - isn't Ammara and baby Aizah gorgeous!

1 comment:

Jeff Johnson said...

What about husbands???