Saturday, July 11, 2009

Real romantic

July 11, 2009
Today we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, and in grand style I might add with none else than a brand new toaster. Yep, a toaster. Real romantic, huh? Now most spouses would think if they purchased a toaster they'd be in some serious trouble. I mean, what does an appliance say about a marriage? Luckily for me (yes, I bought the romantic gift), Jeff really did want the toaster and was ecstatic that he could finally have his Ego waffles again for breakfast. Our old one was a wedding present from his mom, at Jeff's request of course, and when it finally gave out he was totally bummed. He seems to have a thing for toasters and this fancy one has LED lights to tell him just how long to cook his Egos. I got a new bird bath for my Mother's Day flower bed, which is looking fabulous! But the excitement doesn't end there. We spent the entire day working in the yard (ok so Jeff worked in the yard while Pearl and I scrubbed off the swing), cleaning the house, battling Pearl, and then sneaking away for a free ice cream cone (courtesy of the Coldstone birthday club) and trip to Smith's. It seems like the longer we are married, the more comfortable (or is it lazy) we get with celebrating special occasions, but hey at least we made it past the "seven year itch" as Jeff calls it. Then again who can top a new car (ok, used but new to us) for your first anniversary, a house for year 2, then a brand spankin' new truck for year 3, followed by hmmm year 4 is a blur, Winborg painting of Old Main Hill, dinner at McDonald's, and seeing Transformers for year 5, and then hitting the driving range to celebrate your sixth anniversary? I can hardly wait to see what's going to top a toaster next year!

No comments: