Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brilliant plan

August 25, 2009
I got these 2-for-1 tickets to the Bees games today and thought it would be a fun way to spend the evening as a family. Boy was I wrong!!! I should have known my brilliant plan would go totally haywire after I picked Pearl up from school. Kimmy informed me that she had been crying all day and said "good luck" as she handed her over. But I was determined to get our traditional one Bees game in for the year and have a good time while we were at it. When we got to the stadium though, just about every other family in Salt Lake had the same idea we did. We turned around and Pearl started yelling, crying, telling us no... you get the picture. Jeff thought some good ole' fashioned bribery to get ice cream would work but Pearl had other plans. We ended up leaving the ice cream place in a hurry, screaming two-year-old in tow. As we were driving home, Pearl kept telling Jeff "sorry Daddy" over and over again in this little quivering voice. I was totally impressed that Jeff stuck to his guns and didn't cave into the repeated "I sorry Daddy," even if she just wanted his ice cream. We're both hoping the teenage years go a little smoother than tonight... but we aren't holding our breath!

No comments: