Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Oh my GOSH!"

August 19, 2009
I had to bring treats to staff meeting today and since I wasn't in the mood to make anything, decided to just stop by the grocery store on our way to work. I knew it would be cutting it close... I mean being to work by 9 am is a challenge some days! So I had it calculated down to the very last second when we could leave the house, with 15 minutes allotted to frantically search the isles at the store for a treat, then race back to work, drop Pearl off at school (praying that Kimmy is there so I don't have to sit with Pearl for 20 minutes until she decides it's ok for me to leave), grab my stack of notes, and run back downstairs for my meeting. We made it to the store right on schedule and after much bribery, I finally convinced Pearl to stop crying and come in with me. As we rounded the corner towards the check out stand (which BTW really sort of irked me that Smith's didn't have a single checker there that morning...all self-serve only lines even if you had coupons, checks, cash, three carts of food, etc - everyone had to go to the same spot), Pearl spied the most prized of all fruit snacks - the Disney Princesses - and screamed "Oh my GOSH!" Now if you've never heard a two year old yell "Oh my gosh!" in an excited little voice then you are missing one of life's truly greatest moments. So into the cart went the Ariel and Belle fruit snacks... which didn't even make it to the car before they had been riped open and the same little voice was yelling "Mom open!!!" I'm just glad something so little made Pearl so incredibly happy... oh and that I made it to staff meeting on time, but just barely!

No comments: