Sunday, August 23, 2009

Upper Provo River Falls

August 22, 2009
Here is documented proof that I survived day one of camping, even if I'm in piggy tails and glasses (total side note here but Jeff teased me that it was probably the first time the "librarian" - aka me when I wear my glasses - had ventured into the wilderness). It's not that I hate camping, it's just not my cup of tea. Anyway, back to the picture. My parents and brother came by to see us this afternoon and being the now expert Uintah mountain tour guides that we are, we took them up to see the Upper Provo River Falls. Pearl seemed to really like the waterfall the day before and we thought it would help get some wiggles out before dinner and bed. The falls were really pretty and the area is great for exploring because all the rocks are laid out like one big staircase so you can climb all over the place. It wasn't hard finding a ledge to sit on but rather finding one that wasn't occupied by anyone else... that and getting all three of us to look at the camera and smile.

No comments: