Thursday, August 13, 2009

I got my groove back

August 13, 2009
Fear no longer! I have my cookie baking groove back! No one can possibly know the excitement I am feeling now that I successfully baked an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies worthy of my previous single days! Oh the joy! Apparently the trick is to actually let Pearl help with the baking or screw all conventional baking wisdom and just measure the flour my way. I realized it would be an easier clean up to just let Pearl help instead of giving her some miscellaneous supplies. So I put her in charge of pouring each of the ingredients into the mixing bowl. She thought it was awesome, especially when we turned the mixer on and she could see it turning everything around and around. Oh and then her favorite part? Putting in the "chocolates," and sneaking in a quick lick of one before putting it in the bowl. When Jeff came in the house Pearl started to shout with pure excitement "Daddy I make cookies!" Seriously, so cute. What wasn't quite so cute was when she found her little rolling pin and starting smashing my perfect cookies on the cooling racks. Good thing she only got to one of them before I nabbed the rolling pin and distracted her with the idea of having a tea party instead.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I think I'd better taste those cookies, just to make sure you REALLY got your groove back! :)

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Do you ever send care packages of cookies, say to Houston, TX? I am thinking I need some of those yummy cookies after reading all about them all this time :0)