September 10, 2009Kimmy came over tonight to help finish up our Mom's birthday present (no one better spill the beans here because she does check this thing once in awhile) and Pearl couldn't have been happier. It's hard waiting your turn to have Kimmy's undivided attention but the results of "patiently" asking your favorite Aunt to play with you over and over again are well worth wait. The next thing I know, those two have a game of hide-and-go-seek going on. After counting to 10 - yeah right Pearl counts like this 1, 2, 3, 6, here I come - Kimmy found a couple of good hiding spots under the table and in a closet. Then it was my turn to join in the game. I found those two giggling in the spare bedroom closet. It's pretty easy to find Pearl, all you have to do is yell out "Is Pearl under the bed?" and listen for her to yell "NO!" until you find her. Hilarious! It was all fun and games though until Kimmy had to go home... Pearl freaked out! She begged us to let her have a sleepover at Aunt Kimberly's house and even got her sleeping bag out. It was pretty dramatic being left behind but honestly, I'm not sure who felt worse - Pearl for getting left with her fuddy-duddy parents or Kimmy trying to get out the door with a screaming toddler attached to her legs.
2 comments:
These are the moments (and memories) that make all the hard times worth it. :)
I think it's funny that Pearl still loves me and wants to see me all the time even when I see her everyday. I love it!
Post a Comment