August 9, 2009My friend Brooke suckered me into joining a dinner group. I was a little hesitant at first about actually stepping out of my comfort zone and not only let other people eat what I cook (scary!), but socializing more with girls in the neighborhood. But how could I turn down three free meals a week? Seriously, with only a week under our belts this has been the best decision I think I've made in a LONG time! I am loving it! Coming home from work isn't nearly as dreadful now because I know a hot meal will be waiting for us when we get home. The extra time it might take to make double for four families is well worth it in exchange for the worry-free nights we now have because we don't have to try and decide what to cook for dinner (and actually eating before Pearl has a total meltdown from hunger). Even Jeff is excited about this whole thing. I have an entire list of recipes to try and my only worry now is when the group will decide to give me the boot for my horrible cooking! The hot sandwiches I made for week one were a hit so here's hoping my lasagna (with some hidden squash from the garden) tastes as yummy as it looks.
2 comments:
Okay, I have been wanting to do this for awhile too, Kami had emailed me with all the instructions, but I have just been slow in the implementation aspect. I really want to do it too, but have the same fears that you mentioned. My goal before the end of August -- start a dinner group!
Glad you had a good experience. I told you you'd love it! And make sure you share the well-loved recipes with me! We always need new recipes to try, especially ones that have been proven to be favorites with others. :)
Post a Comment